Saturday, May 2, 2009



Woodman Field on a gorgeous Saturday in Autumn was the magnet that pulled us all, like the hook of lightening, to the place where we all connected. Why when I was a sophomore in 1954, so long ago, I rented a bus to go to away games so all my new found friends could witness the wonder of Clary Anderson and Butch Fortunato coaching our Mountie Heroes. I didn't even need school approval or my parents to connect, I just did it. Surely my reward was having a birthday greeting on the matrix at Giants Stadium 21 years later...thanks Clary, thanks Butch and thank you bus company whomever you were!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful opportunity to connect with my friends all over the world to toot the teen-age horn and Begin The Beguine,even though Spring is a little late this year.

    ReplyDelete